Could anyone lend me a 30 inch Cinema Display Box?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dannyboy123, Jun 11, 2010.

1. dannyboy123 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I'm moving out of state and taking my 30-inch Cinema Display with me, but unfortunately I threw out the box! You wouldn't believe how much the removal company wants to charge to pack it... So, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to donate or lend me a spare box? I could arrange to get it FedEx'ed from your place, and have it returned via FedEx after my move. I know this is a big ask, but thanks very much in advance for your consideration!

Cheers,

Dan.

2. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Go to your local UPS store and buy a bubble wrap. Just wrap the cinema display in the bubble pack (until its nice and thick) and tape it so that it wont unravel and stick it in a box. Should cost something like $25 bucks.

3. chiefroastbeef macrumors 6502a

I would but I am in HK. :)

Also if you plan to pack it yourself, buy/find a piece of plastic/cardboard, cut it to size of the monitor and place it over the screen, then tape it down just incase something/someone accidentally pokes the panel. Are you flying/driving to your new destination? If driving, perhaps you should put the 30" in your own car, you certainly don't want to mess that thing up!

4. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Hi Ya

No matter how much my wife complains I keep all the boxes for my stuff.

I always tell her it best to keep them incase you have to send it back maybe move or even sell.

People will pay more if you have the original box.

Goodluck with your move :)

5. dannyboy123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, you guys! I think I'm going to make a trip down to the Apple Store and ask if they might lend me one. You never know! I'll let you know if I'm successful. Another tip I received is that stores, e.g., Best Buy have a ton of old TV boxes that they're more than willing to let go. That, plus copious amounts of bubble wrap will hopefully see me good to go. I'm driving from MA to NC, and the removals company is taking our stuff (with good insurance policy).

Cheers! Dan.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If I were you I would find room for it in the car on the drive.