Could anyone perform this quick test for me

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by shenfrey, Jul 8, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I would like you to add "The Rocky Story" Album to your 'My Music' and tell me if it lists it for you under albums or artists. It doesn't for me and is only available for me if i view my music by songs or compliations. The album does appear in recently added however.

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I added it and it shows up under Various Artists in the artist list view. And also under compilations (tapping the red text that lets you select your view style.)

3. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

But any reason why it shouldn't be listed under albums?

4. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Because it's a compilation album. More than one artist. (Seven different to be exact.)

5. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

But its an album you can buy off the store shelves see http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Rocky-Story-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B00008ADM0

If Spotify and iTunes lets me view it under albums you would think Apple Music would do the same. But I suppose this is only a nitpick, i'll just learn to live with it.

6. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

I'm not sure what it being available off store shelves has to do with anything. It's an album with multiple artists (a compilation.) Which iTunes + Music app sorts by "Various Artist" in the Artist view or in the Compilation view.

You could always edit info on the album in iTunes if it bothers you that much. Change the artist tag to Rocky or something and uncheck the compilation button near the bottom of the info window. (Assuming you also have IML enabled on a Mac.)