iPhone could anyone running IOS7 upload that cloudy-transparency image

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lewisweekly, Oct 14, 2013.

1. lewisweekly macrumors regular

IOS7 devices cloudy-transparency image found on the dock when the pink lily wallpaper is enabled and on the notification centre, folder background ETC... I could really do with this image for my theme im currently making, just wondering if anyone could possibly upload this image in PNG format please?

2. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

I could help... But I don't really get what you want... an screenshot with the lily wallpaper without icons on the dock would do?

3. lewisweekly thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply but not exactly. I could really do with the actual image itself. So that if I was to use the image it would actually be that cloudy-transparency. The image file must be stored on the device somewhere, but due to the changing dock colours im not 100% sure where :confused:

4. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Even if we were able to fetch images from an iOS 7 device, which we're not, the foggy effect is done on the fly. No image format exists that will blur what's underneath it.

5. lewisweekly thread starter macrumors regular

Aghhh well it was worth a shot, thanks for commenting, I will have to try and code something similar.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Yeah...I believe the effect is dynamic, not a PNG overlay.

Incidentally, most GUI images in iOS 6+ (I think...it may have started in 5) are now stored in a single encrypted file. Until and unless someone is able to obtain the encryption keys it will be impossible to extract them.

Chambone: It is not necessary to extract from the phone itself; most files can be extracted from the .ipsw via the simple expedient of unzipping it. The .ipsw is, after all, just a .zip container file that's been given a different extension. However, the above caveat about system images now being in a single encrypted archive remains.

7. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Yep, true, didn't even think of that.