Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Just a little thought, Apple said they'd be adding more countries to iTunes Radio soon. I'd really love for Apple to announce that iOS 8 adds support for iTunes Radio in the UK. That would be a fantastic update, especially since it's now been a year since iTunes Radio in the US and about 7 months since it launched in Australia.

It really seems Apple is missing out on a huge market, I'm surprised they haven't sorted streaming negotiations yet.

paulcdb

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2009
Hopefully... but given how greedy the idiots in charge of music are i'm sure they'll keep dragging things out some more.

I really don't see why they need to "negotiate" each country... if America is paying x amount then every country should pay the equivalent in that country.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
Hopefully... but given how greedy the idiots in charge of music are i'm sure they'll keep dragging things out some more.

I really don't see why they need to "negotiate" each country... if America is paying x amount then every country should pay the equivalent in that country.

Yeah, exactly, there is a lot in the music industry that want's to go back to the 90's where everyone buys an £3 single or £12 album. They need to realise that people have moved on, and only by signing up to services such as iTunes Radio will they actually increase their revenue.

Hopefully, today they could say they are adding 12 countries or something, like they did with Siri.

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I hope so. It was supposedly meant to be in the first half of this year. It's overdue. Been waiting for this.

I wonder if it will just be merged with the beats version tho.

Dan70

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2014
England
Well because I'm in the UK and we don't get it over here, I have no idea what iTunes Radio even is. I know of it but because we can't have it, there hasn't been much info about it. Anyone want to explain?

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
UK
In the US you will find a Radio Button in the iOS Music App and in iTunes I believe:

https://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-radio/

Allows for you to stream music for free (with ads) so allot like spotify I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.