Could I get beta 2 if not a dev?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hello12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
I am not expecting it soon or anything, but I got iOS 7 without being a developer. When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?

Was just wondering about this.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Doesn't really seem like this is asking about buying/selling UDIDs or of actual steps/process of obtaining/installing beta builds. Technicalities perhaps, but still.
As it says:

We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
I am not expecting it soon or anything, but I got iOS 7 without being a developer. When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?

Was just wondering about this.
Doesn't really seem like this is asking about buying/selling UDIDs or of actual steps/process of obtaining/installing beta builds. Technicalities perhaps, but still.
We do not allow sales of UDID slots or requests for UDID slots, or allow for any discussion about specific steps that need to be taken to run the software without a proper license.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
As it says:
Sure, but, again, that says "discussion of specific steps", meaning it applies to the "how" part of doing it, but perhaps not really "if" part of doing it.

This seems more like an "if" question rather than a "how" question, which is different, even if on a technicality type of level.

If the implication of that statement should really be more like "allow for any discussion about the software without a proper license" then that's somewhat different.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Sure, but, again, that says "discussion of specific steps", meaning it applies to the "how" part of doing it, but perhaps not really "if" part of doing it.

This seems more like an "if" question rather than a "how" question, which is different, even if on a technicality type of level.

If the implication of that statement should really be more like "allow for any discussion about the software without a proper license" then that's somewhat different.
When the next beta comes out, will I have to download the next version and update my phone, or will they let me update it OTA if I have iOS 7.0 already?
Seems more like a "how" than an "if"

Status
Not open for further replies.