Could I have gotten **EXTRA** Aperture 2 & Final Cut Express 4?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aloha227, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Aloha227 macrumors newbie

I just received my new iMac 24", 2.8 GHz, Core 2 Extreme, 1TB, 4GB yesterday. I had ordered it to have Aperture 2 & Final Cut Express 4 "pre-installed". I received the apps as 'academic' version on a separate delivery. I ended up installing those disks that came in the packaged boxes since I already removed the shrink wrap. I also have 2 of the same disks that came in the box. Is it possible that Apple sent me 2 disks? And if so, what should I do with them? They are still in the protective plastic sleeve w/sticker, unopened. The stickers state the app name & "retail" above the product serial number.

Thanks for any suggestions! :)

2. krye macrumors 68000

krye

I'll take 'em off your hands! I'm dying to get my hands on those apps.

3. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

They are the "Hard Disks" that go with your pre-installed apps. If I'm understanding what your saying (it's not that clear) is that you ordered your iMac with "Pre-Installed" software. That software was indeed installed but no 'hard copies' came with your computer. The 'hard copies' came a bit later which would be correct.

However if you have 2 hard copies with 2 distinctly different serial numbers then you can either be honest and inform Apple you received duplicates (not sure even I would do that) or consider yourself lucky and actually have 2 legit copies.

I think the later is probably more the case though based on what you said. Those shrink-wrapped disks were the hard copies that would go with your pre-installed software. So you still only have 1 copy of each.

I had 'iWork' preinstalled when I ordered my iMac and it actually came early along with my .Mac box before I got my iMac. iWork was pre-installed but wasn't registered. So chances are they used a vanilla iWork cd, installed it. When I ran up iWork it asked me for my SN.