Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quotrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
ive never had to bother with installing a new operating system so i dont know of this is possible. i have a tiger install on hd2, and i have panther 10.3.9 actually installed on my hd1, if i need to show any computer specs jus ask

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
ive never had to bother with installing a new operating system so i dont know of this is possible. i have a tiger install on hd2, and i have panther 10.3.9 actually installed on my hd1, if i need to show any computer specs jus ask

You can clone your tiger disk to your panther disk using Carbon Copy Cloner. You will then have two identical tiger installations, one on hd1 and the other on hd2.

If you want a fresh install for hd1, you will need the Tiger DVD and check the erase and install option.

quotrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
if i need nothing on my hd1 with panther? could i jus go ahead and install the tiger from hd2? or would i need the operating system moved to hd2 so i can then install the tiger onto hd1?

KoolStar

macrumors demi-god
Oct 16, 2006
Kentucky
Assuming that HD2 is a bootable tiger install then all you have to do is boot up tiger and CCC or SuperDuper that HD to HD1.

quotrice

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
my hd1 has panther installed, and my hd2 has nothing on it besides a tiger install a dmg file. could i jus move this .dmg tiger install to hd1 since that wat has the operating system and jus install it to hd2?

merl1n

macrumors 65816
Mar 30, 2008
New Jersey, USA
my hd1 has panther installed, and my hd2 has nothing on it besides a tiger install a dmg file. could i jus move this .dmg tiger install to hd1 since that wat has the operating system and jus install it to hd2?

No, you cant just copy a dmg file to it. A dmg file is just a disk image and must be mounted. In order to install Tiger, you need the DVD itself since your HD2 is not bootable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.