Could I press enter to open a folder/ document?

blackbelt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2008
is it possible to make it so that you can press enter to open a folder/ document? (Right now it renames it)

iwuzbord

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
New York City
Do you realize you can make a stack that shows every single frequently used app? I forgot how, though. Search google.
you can do this through onyX. onyX has a lot of little tweaks for leopard.

but antother tip is making a screensaver your wallpaper using wallsaver. downloaded from the apple downloads site. you can also use quartz compositions as wallpaper using quartz desktop.

mysterytramp

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2008
Maryland
YOU ARE WINDOWS BRAINWASHED!
I've been using Macs at home since 1985. I've spent a good portion of my professional career on Macs. In January the company switched us over from OS 9 to PCs running XP. And in just a few months, I have to think twice before I rename a file on either machine.

It would be great if *both* platforms would standardize on this little stuff to make it easier to switch from machine to machine.

mt

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
I've been using Macs at home since 1985.
I've been using Macs at home since last November!!Hahahahaha!!

Anyway,i never really like that thing....I'm not a windows hater but i do believe that Gates is trying to make us think the way he wants...

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
yeah that return open is not working on Lion OSX
That may have something to do with the fact that you resurrected a thread that's over 3 years old. Lion didn't exist at the time that was posted. Neither did Snow Leopard. :rolleyes: