Could I qualify for the $9.99 iLife 09?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamvk, Feb 19, 2009.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

I bought my Macbook Pro on 1/11 off of eBay, and it was new in box. I registered it like a week or so later. Could I qualify for the iLife 09? I was looking at Apples website, and I have to post the place of purchase. Would eBay work as a place of purchase, or would it not then qualify? And if it didn't qualify, could I lie and say I got it from Bestbuy? Does Apple check that?

Thanks.

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Apple does check, you'd have to ask the ebay user where they got the MBP from, and ask for a receipt, at which point they'll probably become suspicious and I doubt they'll actually bother to send you a receipt...

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

How does Apple check the receipt? Do you have to send it in?

4. foxx0775 macrumors member

i have just sent my request in for ilife upgrade but i rang up to check first because i purchased an early 08 penryn mbp from a reseller within the dates it stated.

they don't check as such, but the original place of purchase will be tied with the receipt, purchase order, itemised bill etc. that will need to include with your request anyway..

ask for a receipt from your ebayer.. if hes reluctant, ask him to do it and you can both use the disc?

just a thought. i dont know what im looking forward to in the upgrade though.. i just did it for the hell of it.. 10 bucks pffft.

5. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

I entered in my info, and it got added to my cart, and it says it will ship in February 24-28...So did I get it that easily?

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Ugh....

Well somehow 2 digital copies of Quicktime Pro got billed to me, even though there was no mention of it while I was buying iLife....So I called Apple. They said they would remove the charges, and it would take 3-5 business days. Unfortunately I used my debit card, which at the time only had $50 on it, so iLife+2 quicktime licenses = $70....So hopefully I don't get over drafting charges...Right after I got off the phone I transfered $1000 to my checking account, hopefully I'll get no charges. Do you think Apple would reimburse me for overdraft charges? Like I said, there was no mention of Quicktime Pro in my car at anytime, I've never even looked at buying Quicktime..

7. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Dunno about the overdraft charges, they might if you complain, although I'm not sure how obligated they are to reimburse you the amount. Also, I think they do it by serial number, rather than receipt, as I remember that being the scenario when my friend got his Leopard update disc

8. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

So then its possible that I did just buy iLife '09 for only $10?

9. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Possibly, I haven't been through this scenario before, wait and see...

10. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

I just checked apple, and now the status is "shipped"

:)

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I tried the form but they told me my computer serial number wasn't valid; then I called them and they are now sending iLife '09.

12. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Niiice...I'm happy, its a great deal for $9.99

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes it is; too bad I already paid full price for my MBP.