Could iBackupBot be used to unlock any other features?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by jweaver, May 16, 2011.

1. jweaver macrumors member

Most of us now know about "Multi-Gesture" support and how to enable it with iBackupBot.

If its possible to use it to unlock Multi-Gesture, then surely the same technique could be used to open up other features.

I for one would love iPhone "Retina Display emulation" which I understand is an IOS feature which is disabled.

Does anyone know of any more features which could be enabled using iBackupBot?

Jon

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

I've tried to use iPhone Explorer to manually enable retina display mode for applications, but to no avail. I edit the info.plist files (I think I edit them correctly) but then the application won't boot.

I think its cause the application is unsigned after I edit the file, and thus needs jailbreak to run? can anyone confirm this?

The reason iBackupBot can enable multitouch features is that the iPad has the features in the OS, nothing's added, only a setting is altered. I dont know on 3rd party enabling, but I've enabled it through official Xcode 3.x and I've got the ability to enable or disable it on the fly on the iPad.

3. Maccleduff macrumors regular

Theres an app on Cydia called Retinapad, which lets you use retina display graphics within iphone apps, on the ipad. It makes 2x look so much crisper running at native res.

4. Siggen macrumors 6502

Yes, but the iPad 2 has not been jailbroken yet