Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevenme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
It appears the issue with Google Maps Street View not working properly on the new iPad Pros is not going to be resolved by Google. Many people (myself included) have reported the issue to Google, but after 3 months and several Google Maps updates, the problem persists (Street View takes 10+ seconds to load the image).

At this point the last hope for Google Maps may be iOS 11. It's hard to believe Google wouldn't want to fix the issue on the latest iPads, so I have to think it must be an iOS 10/iPad Pro 2 specific issue.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Just downloaded Google Maps to my iPad Pro 2 12.9. No issues in street view at all in the second-to-latest iOS 11 beta.

Reactions: ABC5S

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
It actually sounds like a network problem to me. I dont think the images loading would have much to do with the operating system. Is this the same issue regardless of where you are? (home, starbucks, work/school, etc?)

stevenme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
It actually sounds like a network problem to me. I dont think the images loading would have much to do with the operating system. Is this the same issue regardless of where you are? (home, starbucks, work/school, etc?)

That's what it would seem like, but no, it will happen on any network. All other devices are unaffected, only the iPad Pro 2's (10.5 and 12.9) are affected.
[doublepost=1504895838][/doublepost]
Just downloaded Google Maps to my iPad Pro 2 12.9. No issues in street view at all in the second-to-latest iOS 11 beta.

That's good to hear! I figured that if Google wasn't fixing it, then it was most likely an Apple issue. Thanks!

stevenme

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2017
I can confirm, upgrading to iOS 11 (GM) has resolved the issue with Google Maps Street View hanging. Unfortunately 11 has broken a couple of other apps I use, so for now one step forward, several back!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.