Could jailbreaking my iPad slow it down?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by redsoxfan626, Aug 28, 2010.

1. redsoxfan626 macrumors member

I've been very impressed with the iPad's speed and I would hate to suffer through lag time. Could jailbreaking cause this? And if it does happen, would a restore be able to fix the problem? This is all that's holding me back from doing it.

2. celticpride678

The jailbreak itself will not decrease performance in any way. What you download from Cydia/Rock could possibly.

3. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Don't install Winterboard and there will be no speed impact. But if your imagination gets the better of you and you think there's a slow down, or you read threads by other people who claim a slowdown, then yes, a restore will get you back to stock.

4. redsoxfan626 thread starter macrumors member

The only thing I am interested in is the Frash app to watch flash videos.

5. JKK photography macrumors regular

JKK photography

Just don't clog up Mobile Substrate, and you will be fine. Applications/extensions like Locktopus and SBSetting will impact performance a bit, but themes from Winterboard can really slow things down. But, once again, it completely depends on the theme.

6. celticpride678

That will probably make Safari quite a bit slower.

7. Worf macrumors regular

8. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Frash doesn't support flash video playback anyways right now (if ever).. seems like the Dev of Frash doesn't have any intentions on further work on Frash to get more funcationality.. I believe it was more proof of concept than anything.