could magnets in a flip case damage iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AtrocityExhibit, Oct 4, 2007.

1. AtrocityExhibit macrumors newbie

what do people think about this? ive heard from some people its a bad idea to put outside magnets by any electronic for so long.. ive had a magnet closing flip case for my ipod for like 2 years though and its been fine..

2. carman63 macrumors regular

I doubt it. My iWood case uses magnets to help attach the bottom piece to the main piece of the case.

And, I carry my iPhone in the same pocket as my money clip, that's got 2 powerful magnets in it. No ill effects so far.

3. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

4. thomasthomas macrumors newbie

iwood is horribleDO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PRODUCT.

Miniot sent me a badly made excuse for a case, the product was damaged out of the box, i ordered a logo- they got the placement and size of it wrong, the power button did not line up right and ended up dinging my phone, furthermore there are metal rods inthe back which they shoddily cover and of you don't look to make sure they will scratch the back of your phone.

Miniot is a horrible company which refused to take responsibility for the damage there crappy case did to my phone, and refused to try and send me a working one....my suspicion is that all of them are slightly messed- they even admitted to me that the tolerances are still changing.....

GREAT PRODUCT IN THEORY, BUT FAR LESS THAN PERFECT.

IF YOU LIKE GREEN THINGS, DONATE THE $175 TO A CAUSE THAT PROTECTS TREES, AND DOESNT DESTROY THEM TO MAKE A PRODUCT THAT IS A SLIGHT STEP ABOVE FIREWOOD.