Could me Time Machine be seeing two hard drives on Time Capsule?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ks-man, Apr 20, 2009.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

I've been having a few problems with my TM backups since I got my new iMac (my MBA is working fine).

Something strange that I've noticed is when I enter into Time Machine (the program). Sometimes I see a bunch of my backups with times and dates where I can scroll through the different saves and restore if I want to. Other times though when I go into TM I only see the current save point. I can't scroll back and it only says Today on the right without any other save points. It is almost like I've only done one TM backup.

The other strange thing that I see is if I look at iStat. Sometimes it shows two Time Capsule hard drives and other times it shows only one. If I choose to change disk in Time Machine preferences the Time Capsule is listed twice. I don't think it has anything to do with a partition (which I never did) because both drives show the same used and free info (something like 377 free of 461) and I only have a 500GB drive.

Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Thanks.

2. ks-man thread starter macrumors 6502a

As a follow up to this, on both my MBA and iMac, if I choose "Change Disk" in TM preferences the Time Capsule is listed twice. As I put in the previous post, I only have 1 TC and I never partitioned it.

Does anybody know why this is?

Thanks.