Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weesy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2011
I purchased an iphone 5 about a week ago with the same carrier i have had for quite some time now. my daily schedule is pretty regular, work, school, same friends houses. with my previous device i never had any problems with service, now all of a sudden in these same places i go every day i have very spotty reception or no service at all. could it be my phone?
help! :(

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I purchased an iphone 5 about a week ago with the same carrier i have had for quite some time now. my daily schedule is pretty regular, work, school, same friends houses. with my previous device i never had any problems with service, now all of a sudden in these same places i go every day i have very spotty reception or no service at all. could it be my phone?
help! :(
It might be. Take it in to an Apple store and ask them to check the phone. It's free, especially since you have a one year warranty you are currently under, even if you did not get Applecare. And even if you were not under warranty, Apple still does not charge you anything to check your device. If they find something they can either fix it or replace it under warranty.

If nothing is wrong with it, then at least you have eliminated your device as the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.