Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sangln

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2010
Hi, I installed windows xp system on my white mac, it worked normally for one week. But the day before yesterday, I could not access the MAC OS system while I could access windows xp, I backup all the data and inserted disc to repair, and it worked again.

But today when I am using it, it suddenly stopped working, I forcefully close it and open it again and the problem happened again! This time I tried to repair, but it showed :Invalid node structure", and I tried erase the disc, but it cloged at "mounting disk", what could I do to make my mac like before and without windows?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bluskale

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2010
quite possibly the disk is going bad, and it just happens that windows has enough things intact to boot, but the mac side does not.

How exactly is it "stopping working"? is it crashing w/ kernel panic, turns off, hangs with beachball? And what did you forcefully close and open? were you repairing off of your osx install disc? more details!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.