Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
I have a 3G that I jailbroke on 4.2.1 (redsnow) and put the ipad baseband in to unlock with Ultrasnow--after J/B I installed my ATT Sim and all worked perfect. Ok the problem is the phone is for someone else on GCI network---We installed the GCI sim card and great, I got all signal bars and the E (edge) symbol. The Phone and Text work perfect--can make and recieve calls and text.

the weird part is we cannot get on the internet/mail/facebook/ect.....everytime we try, a message comes up---"Could not activate cell data network, you are not subscribed to cell data service" ALTHOUGH his plan is unlimited everything and is able to do mail/internet on previous slide phone. Hopefullly someone has an answer for me:confused:

I never synced or set up as new phone over my itunes account if that makes any differnace

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Reinsert sim

Look in the settings/info page, scroll down and you'll propably see that your provider is still set to AT&T

Reinstall ultrasnow and the problem should solve itself.

Last edited:

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Used in the United states

GCI--Alaska service and I know its around in other states

I want to use GCI sim in Iphone. Im sure I have figured it out that I need GCI's APN settings for Data network and Ill be good to go.

700-Grizz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
ALASKA
Thanks Apple--thats what I have found as well~ cant check it out till tomorrow so Ill report back then.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.