"Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" Error Message

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by scubastarlet, Aug 25, 2010.

1. scubastarlet macrumors newbie

Hi please help!

I keep getting the error message: "Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network" and also an error message when I try to go online.

I have a 16gb iPhone 3GS on Orange, which I've not unlocked or anything. It's my fourth handset because the others kept freezing, and one had an issue the Apple guy had only ever seen on a Mac!!

I'm so fed up, I can't receive or send texts properly, either they don't get sent or they send but no number comes up on the recipient's phone, or they take a million attempts to resend and texts to my phone are either really delayed or not happening at all.

It's doing my head in and I've done everything, ie switching off/on/restoring network settings etc. The only thing I haven't tried is connecting it to my PC. As I am not with my pc is there anything else I can try?

Thanks

2. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

Had the same issue with my iphone last week when i first activated it..

Im guessing you got a data plan? Also im guessing there is no Data block on your account?

Check in settings if Data is turned ON. if all set is just give it a 5-10min dont reset anything for it to get the network settings.

Mine was doing it.. i was able to do the app store but not safari etc.. But it just worked itself out once the network picked me up.

3. scubastarlet thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi thanks but I don't understand. Guessed right on data plan - unlimited and no no block.

Data is turned on in settings but it's still not picking me up properly I don't think? :(

4. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

I had the same problem Oranges mobile data was down for a while. It should be working now.

5. scubastarlet thread starter macrumors newbie

It sort of is, but I'm sometimes having to send texts two or three times and got all of yesterdays texts between 7-9pm even though they'd been sent hours before and I'd had text conversations with the senders when it seemed to be back up and running well before I got home.

Also the Facebook app seems to be playing up and when I try and listen to Voicemail the phone goes dolally :(