Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacklink01

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Is anyone else having iPhone Activation problems at the current moment?

I am stuck at the activation step on a restore of a new iPhone 6S. I have tried restoring 3 times. It has said the activation server is temporarily unavailable for the past 30 minutes, but the Apple System Status page shows 'iOS Device Activation' as online.

I have also attempted to activate via iTunes, but I am getting "Your request couldn’t be processed." when I open up the iPhone in iTunes.

Is it just me? I would like to fix my phone tonight :/

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Is anyone else having iPhone Activation problems at the current moment?

I am stuck at the activation step on a restore of a new iPhone 6S. I have tried restoring 3 times. It has said the activation server is temporarily unavailable for the past 30 minutes, but the Apple System Status page shows 'iOS Device Activation' as online.

I have also attempted to activate via iTunes, but I am getting "Your request couldn’t be processed." when I open up the iPhone in iTunes.

Is it just me? I would like to fix my phone tonight :/
I'm betting apple servers are being pounded. I had some similar issues when trying to activate my then new 6s.

jacklink01

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Still having the issue after 2 hours. I've been in contact with an Apple senior advisor who has sent my case up to the engineers as High Priority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.