Could not add credit card on passbook

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MisakixMikasa, Oct 20, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

Now iOS 8.1 is out and installed on iPhone 6. Fire up passbook and found out that there is no option to add credit. Screen shot:

Now is it because that I am in Canada?

Attached Files:

2. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

I would suspect, that the reason you are struggling with this is because you are in Canada. At the September 2014 keynote, Apple announced that they would be starting off with the US. Therefore, it's likely that the 'Add a credit card' part of Passbook is dependent on having a US iCloud account, in a similar way to how iTunes Radio is blocked if you don't have a US or Australian iCloud account.

3. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

If I log in to US Apple ID, that will show up? Anyway, I could not use Apple Pay anyway as I do not have any U.S. bank account.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I had to hold and slide the screen down a bit to see the "+" icon in the upper right corner in order to add my CC.

5. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

It may do as an option, but I can't say for certain. As you say though, you won't be able to add Bank Cards as you don't have a US Bank Account.

6. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I added my cards through Settings/Passbook & Apple Pay.

7. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

all i did was change my region to United States and i was able to get to the screen.

my card is not supported by Apple yet (got the prompt). TD bank.

8. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

9. Rogo117 macrumors regular

Hidden in little font on the bottom of this page http://www.apple.com/apple-pay/

*The list will be updated as banks are added. Contact your card issuer to determine your card’s eligibility. Some banks may not support all card types.
    Apple Pay is available in the U.S.
    Some features may not be available for all countries or all areas. Click here to see complete list.

10. kilakev macrumors newbie

I was having the same problem. Go to Settings -> General -> Language & Region. Set it to United States. It shows up instantly after that.