"Could not complete the iTunes Store request."

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Vagcmyevad, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Vagcmyevad macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem where I can't even get into the iTunes store to activate my phone! See attached image...

Anyone else getting this? :(

Attached Files:

2. gerafez macrumors newbie

Me too!

I've been getting this error since yesterday morning and also cant activate my iPhone! Have you found a solution to this, or found a different way to activate your phone?

3. fastdrive macrumors member

What OS and browser are you using?

I had the same issues with my xp computer and IE7.

Tried with my mac and safari and had no problems.

It might be a browswer issue of some sort.

4. gerafez macrumors newbie

i'm using mac osx 4.10 & iTunes 7.3

i don't see how my internet browser might be a problem, i believe the activation process is all done through iTunes.

but i have firefox set as my default, and can use safari if necessary.

5. mittles macrumors newbie

I had the same issue - Here is how I fixed it

Hold the sleep button + the menu button for 10 sec, wait until the Apple logo comes up and let the phone start then plug it into the computer.

Seems when I opened the box and connected the iphone to the computer I did it too fast not letting the device start, i also got the following message:

"You have inserted a disk containing no volumes that Mac OS X can read. To use the unreadable volumes, click Initialize. To continue with the disk inserted, click Continue."

I hope this helps someone!

6. HaroldC macrumors regular

I did the same thing and also restarted my computer as well. It finally worked after that. Good Luck.

7. macmania8227 macrumors newbie

I tried switching off my iphone and computer but it still gives me the same error:(:(

8. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Having exactly the same problem, tried rebooting my computer, no luck. I also tried rebooting the iPhone, nothing still.

9. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Has anyone gotten around this issue by chance?? Because the iTunes music store works. The activation went though this final part. All I need to do is sync it to finish the process. But this comes up :(