Could not open the page, apple discussions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by daniel_rodrigues, Nov 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. daniel_rodrigues macrumors newbie

daniel_rodrigues

Hi

Im trying to access apple.discussions.com but when I log in,I get the following message: "

Could not open the page, too many redirects"

I am using Safari 11.0 on Mac OS Sierra. I have cleared my cookies and website data and still does not work. Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve?

thanks
    Dan

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I've had that. I can't remember where though. IIRC, I had to reboot to clear it.

3. Laisha macrumors regular

Laisha

Hi, Dan,

Did you ever find out how to make that stop? It happens on MicroSoft's site as well, and I need to get in there.

4. willmtaylor, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

@Laisha
    Did you quit the browser and then reopen after clearing the cookies/cache?

5. Zazoh macrumors 6502a

Zazoh

I think it may be the site. I had that yesterday, cleared website data and tried, only got in once yesterday, and just tried now. I don't get past clicking on Sign In.

I did change my Apple ID yesterday, same account different email. Everything else is working, just not discussions.apple.com, I assumed it was related to that, but maybe not.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    UPDATE, after clearing website data, I closed all open tabs and went to appleid.apple.com
    Signed in, then opened a new tab on discussions and I was signed in automatically.

6. S8ER01Z macrumors member

Have any of you tried to turn off "Prevent cross-site tracking"? It seems this is responsible for causing "too many redirect issues" with Google and numerous other sites.