Could not resist anymore.. Got 16GB Iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jimishjoban, Apr 11, 2008.

1. jimishjoban macrumors member

Hello all,

I finally join the elite club.:) I know it might be wrong time to buy one but could not resist myself anymore.

Right from the launch of Iphone, it had driven me crazy.. On very first day, I went to Apple store to play with the baby... Unfortunately, I was on family plan and my uncle had no intentions of extending the ATT contract. I had no option but to wait... I waited and waited and waited more... I saw 16GB coming but still waited.. The contract was to expire in September 2008.

One of my room-mate got the Iphone in March and it again re-ignited my desire to buy one after playing with it time and again... I just cannot wait anymore, I said to myself... Finally I signed up a new contract with ATT, in addition to my existing family plan.. My friends said I had gone crazy.. Yeah.. I had... My logic was simple.. Anyways my uncle pays just 10 bucks for my phone line... So I can always sign a new contract...

I got a new blackberry pearl, since I was signing a new contract (15 days back).. So why not a free phone :p

Then I heard rumors and confirmation of 3G Iphone... huh.. why now? I was about to buy one... I again somehow buried my desire... But today, I just said "Forget it!!! I need to buy one".. I walked into ATT store and walked out in 5 minutes with an Iphone...

I know 3G may come soon.. but I dont care... I just want to enjoy my baby.. my girlfriend..... I am loving it!!!!!!!! :)

BTW, its the first apple product I brought... I wonder how I stayed without it for so long...

2. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Well the 3g iPhone is not confirmed in any sense of the word for June. Its just that a lot of "evidence" points towards that month; however, i recall another apple product that everyone was expecting to come out at a certain time but didnt: iWork 08.

Everyone was certain it was going to be announced in, I think, December 07, but didnt even get mentioned until like half a year later by apple.

You made a good choice in buying the iPhone now, for we haven't the slightest clue when 3g is coming. Might as well enjoy what there is to enjoy until its announcement.

3. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

If your not going to use the 3G then I cant see any reason to not get one now. I have a feeling that the 3G iPhone will be virtually the same, then again I may be wrong....

4. BullittMustang macrumors 6502a

Congrats! I did the same thing. I couldn't wait any longer either. I am glad I bought it. If I really like the new one better when it comes out I'll wait a year or so and get it.

5. joeshell383 macrumors 6502a

You're right that nothing is "confirmed", but the there is far more than enough evidence to conclude that it will be released in June. To say "we haven't the slightest clue" is ridiculous, as it is actually the contrary.

Also, your iWork analogy is faulty for at least two reasons. First, there wasn't a peep from anybody outside the traditional Mac rumor mill about it, unlike the 3G iPhone which has been repeatedly mentioned by AT&T and Apple executives, amongst others. Second, the only reason people (and Amazon) suspected a January release of iWork was because that fit the pattern of previous releases, whereas the reasons given for the 3G iPhone June release are much stronger and more plentiful.

6. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

nothing said by apple or at&t leads us to believe the release of the next iPhone will be in June. All the other bits of evidence are from unconfirmed sources which are as reliable as my mother telling me that the phone is coming tomorrow at 8pm.

All at&t and jobs said was 2008, and we're just few months into this year.

Please give me evidence where jobs or at&t said the phone would be released this summer?

7. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

OK..here you go:
    http://www.macrumors.com/2008/04/02/atandt-mobility-ceo-3g-iphone-coming-in-months/

8. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

dude, even macrumors stated that they weren't sure. They were just going off rumors. Everything is speculation and nothing is concrete. Remember the name of this site? Mac rumors.

And I remember reading about that at&t guy saying all their phones will 3g in a few months but the word few is very subjective.

None of that information you provided me is evidence saying there will indeed be a 3g phone this summer. All we have is word of mouth and possibilities. The iPhone shortage could be contributed to a number of things, not just the release of a new iPhone.

Until you show me Jobs saying that the next iPhone will be out in June, I'm not holding my breathe.

Btw at&t can say all they want, its apple that is developing the phone. Just because at&t gives us a time period doesnt mean apple won't run into issues and have delays.

Show me all the rumors you want. Currently, the rumor is that there will be a front camera even some articles talk about it, but there is absolutely no conclusive evdience that there will be a front camera other than rumors.

The next iPhone will be out when you hear it from steve's mouth.

9. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

I agree that the iPhone will be out when you hear it from Steve's mouth, but in your post you said

and I did with this:
    You are now changing your argument. You did originally want a quote from ATT or from Apple. I gave you a quote from ATT. Now that isn't good enough?!

And I think you meant breath not breathe.
    That is all.

10. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

ummm okay. So youre the kind of guy who likes to attack grammar to insult someone. Great nice to meet another one of you. My grammar is didnt need to be brought up but good job on trying to act cool.

Btw my argument about apple being in charge of when the iPhones release is factual. I don't care that I said that I wanted you to show me either at&t or apple. Its a worthless argument you used to show yourself as being right in some form.

I am right when I said that at&t can say whatever time period they want. Apple is developing the phone, if something goes wrong in development, there will be delays and at&t can not predict such things.

So AS I was saying, there is no evidence showing that the phone will be out in June other than rumors.

Btw I'm typing on a forum, I'm not trying to type a midterm paper, so I don't see how grammar should at all be used as a point to bring my points down. But again, nice attempt in trying to be cool to all your internet buddies.

11. MyJelleo macrumors 6502

oh yeah notice the key word used by ralph "expected" meaning he doesnt know for sure. Thanks for that worthless bit of evidence that proves nothing.

I think you forgot a few commas, semi colons and other bits of puncuation in ur post. Good work.

12. wildcardd macrumors 6502a

Chill brother.

I was defending me pointing you to a comment from ATT that... YOU ASKED FOR.

Then you changed your mind since that wasn't good enough for you, or you didn't want to be wrong. That's fine. :rolleyes:

I think you mean to say there is no proof. There is plenty of evidence that the phone will be out in June, but there is no proof. I will agree with you there.