Could not restore applications from install disk

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MorganM, Aug 5, 2009.

1. MorganM macrumors newbie

Through Erase and Install and some other processes I lost a couple of applications, one of them garageband. I have a Mac OS X Leopard, but I just recently upgraded from my original Panther. So I put in the first Panther disk and chose the "Install Applications and Classic Support." It installed fine, but then when it came time to actually restore the applications I got a message that said "Could not set up necessary connection with helper tool. Make sure the application bundle is intact and try again," and I had to quit the installation. I tried again an the same thing happened.

What does this mean? what's an application bundle and how do I make sure it's intact? A lot of stuff got moved around lately and perhaps the applications folder isn't where it should be, could this be a problem? Thank you!!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

3. MorganM thread starter macrumors newbie

Pacifist was great! turns out I was missing Appleworks also haha. thanks for the recommendation! :)
    I also installed the garageband application, but the problem is, though, that the entire instrument library is missing. I can't find it anywhere, so i'm downloading something I found in a similar thread...

(http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=164946) if anyone is interested

it's taking a long long time, but hopefully it works! if it doesnt i'll post again to spare anyone else who might try to download it in the future

4. MorganM thread starter macrumors newbie

):

Well, unfortunately I couldn't get it to work ): theoretically it should have, I think, but I've seen a lot of other people post the same problem, so i think garageband just needs to get it together!
    great idea, though