iPhone XS Could people post their XS battery stats?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hsuuperman, Nov 6, 2018.

1. hsuuperman macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, got an iPhone XS a bit over a week ago, and everything is awesome MINUS battery life. Wondering what kind of life everyone else is getting with what kind of usage. I’ve been getting very inconsistent usages lately. Been out of the country and so cellular is off and only WiFi is on, and some days getting 4 hours of SOT with 50% left to go, and on days like today under 3 hours with 50% usage. Most of my usage is just internet, social media with background refresh off, and texting. Is this unusual in most people’s cases? Thanks and apologies if this is a common thread that comes up.

Attached Files:

2. chanerz macrumors 65816

3. AlthePal macrumors newbie

AlthePal

I feel like my battery usually lasts about 8 hrs of screen on time for my heavy usage. I think it’s is a good improvement for me compared to my older iPhones.

Attached Files:

4. dazz87 macrumors 65816

dazz87

8 hours of Screen on Time which is really hard to believe....Why is youtube showing 52% but only audio? IF its only audio then it means your screen was off.....When did youtube app allow you to run just audio? This battery stats info on apple just makes no sense.

5. timeconsumer macrumors 68000

timeconsumer

In the screenshots it looks like you still have cellular enabled. If that’s the case your device will still be constantly searching for a cell connection. Have you tried using airplane mode with WiFi enabled to see if this improves your battery life at all?

6. hsuuperman thread starter macrumors newbie

Those are some impressive times. Do most people experience wildly fluctuating use times? I feel like I haven’t had very consistent battery life since getting phone. Like every time I lift my phone up to use it there’s like a 1-2% battery drop.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 6, 2018 ---
    I have cellular disabled for sure. Maybe you saw someone else’s screenshot? I’ve had days where I’d have 6.5 hours of SOT and have 30% left, and others where I get 4.5 with only 10% remaining. Unsure if there’s an issue to be addressed or this is pretty normal with this phone.

7. AlthePal macrumors newbie

AlthePal

I watch only videos on YouTube..lots of videos. Not sure why it’s saying audio only.

8. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

Did any of you have a X on iOS 12 before? Does your XS have much better battery life than X on iOS 12?

9. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

Average screen on past 10 days is about 4 hours, 19 mins.

10. aakshey macrumors 68000

aakshey

Over how much battery usage?

11. texaspod macrumors member

Not impressed by the battery, but after the last update I do feel the battery life is a tad bit better.

12. Dalamaco macrumors newbie

Dalamaco

Seriously your Xs are even better than my Max. With everything on and light usage, it would be 50% for less than 3hrs of usage plus 10 hrs of standby. I did restore via iTunes and nothing change. If I only use wifi it could be 7hrs+ SOT but will less than 8. But most of time it wont be able to survive more than 7hrs.
    My X on iOS 12 also got around 4hrs SOT only.

13. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502a

14. BLBL, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

BLBL macrumors 6502a

I think battery stat in current form is pretty meaningless, since it does not take account how many charges and what usage and standby time you got from that. Previously you could clearly see how many hours you used the phone after last charge and how long standby time was.

Posting current stats would only make sense it there is mentioned how many percentage battery was used in each day.

I've been tracking manually my new X battery life and I'm very unhappy with it. I just measured 2 hours and 9 minutes of SOT in 53 hour period of time and during that battery went from 100 > 45%. I barely used the phone during that time and it was with very low screen brightness (around 25%). I also noticed that times in new battery menus are sometimes exaggerated (like probably in this test I made) since I noticed that you get 1 minute usage time logged every time you open up some new app, even if you close it right away after opening it, so 1-2 seconds real use and you get logged 1 minute. In my test I often just woke the display to check the battery and maybe opened some program to briefly check emails and weather or such.

For example with my 7 I got easily 4 hours SOT time in 50 hours period of time with 43% battery left!!!

Just like thread started mentioned, I also notice that my X drop 1-2% pretty often when I just lift up the phone. My battery condition is 100%...

Does everyone with XS still has 100% battery capacity?
    I've been checking for fun display units of XS and X models recently when ever I come across one while shopping. I noticed that most of the XS (not max) I've seen already had 99%, one or two even 97% while almost all of the X models I've seen show 100%. It could be just limited case but I've done that so far in 4 different shops and based on serials they were not from the same factory. When you are around display models, check them for fun.