Could someone help me out with some ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Imola Ghost, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I have had some .m4r ringtones that I made a while ago and they have been syncing fine with my iPhone 4. Recently I wanted to add some more so I found some .m4r files from someone on this forum. I deleted a bunch I didn't want, I put them in the same folder as my other ringtones, synced my iPhone 4 and they're not showing up on the phone for me to select them. However they play on my MBP.

At the same time within iTunes I have ALL of the .m4r files even though I deleted a bunch of them I didn't want and I can't get them from showing up in iTunes.

Any ideas for fixing this?

2. Dahammer macrumors newbie

Putting them in the folder and/or deleting them from the folder has no effect on what iTunes sees, as best I can tell. You need to either re-add the folder in iTunes or add the individual files in iTunes to your library for them to show up in iTunes. As far as getting them on the phone, for some reason I sometimes have to drag & drop them from the library to the phone in iTunes for it to sync them to the phone, even though it's set to autosync.

3. Acronym macrumors 68000

you need to check the time on the ringtones, make sure they are not over 40 seconds long, also make sure there is no extra information in the ringtone should be the name only.

I find that manually dragging the ringtones over and dropping them on your Iphone icon in itunes works best then using the syncing option.

furthermore check my signature for 300+ ringtones :D