Could someone show me which Hard Drive will work for my MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by maf2k8, May 19, 2010.

1. maf2k8 macrumors 6502

I have a late 2009 Macbook Pro that i bought a few months back brand new. Its only has a 250gb HD because i wanted to keep the price down ( being my first Mac and all ) now i am looking to upgrade the HD.

I am looking for 500gb and over ( i heard that someone now makes a 1tb that will fit? is this true? or not yet? )

Anyways, 500gb or possible over ( if you can give me options for both that would be great )

I wasn't sure if ANY and ALL 2.5 drives work in the MBP or not so figure i would ask.

Also i am coming from a 5400rpm, should i go 7200rpm?

and NO i am not referring to SSD drives ( those are still a bit pricey for me at the moment )

thanks!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1TB fits and works fine. Any 2.5" SATA HD will work

3. maf2k8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I seen Western Digital makes a 1tb 2.5 drive. Reading reviews on NewEgg people are saying that they have to chip or break away some plastic corners for it to sit flush since the drive is a little thicker then your average 2.5

is this true? or?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yes, for PCs that don't support 12.5mm drives. MBPs, on the other hand, do support 12.5mm drives so it'll fit fine

5. pdjudd macrumors 601

Really? Do you have a website that I can see (not that I doubt you or anything)?

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member