Could someone with Adobe Reader kindly help?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jeremy Corbyn, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Jeremy Corbyn macrumors newbie

This might be a strange request but I really would appreciate if someone could help.

I currently use iPad as my primary device and need to open a PDF from US State Department but it is not supported on iOS. Because of some JavaScript problem, it opens up blank unless one opens it in Acrobat Reader on a real computer.

I don't have access to a computer but I really need to see the document. Could someone with Acrobat Reader kindly open the PDF and take a screenshot of it and post it here for me? It's only 2 pages long.

The PDF is on this page http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ua/ua-niv-paymentinfo.asp on the bottom of the page where it says Deposit Slip - $160 MRV Fee (B, C-1, D, F, I, J, M, T, TN/TD, U Visas).

I'd be immensely grateful to anyone with the assistance. Thank you.

2. Zerozal macrumors 6502

It opened blank for me too (On Win7, viewing with Chrome), but it looks like I was able to save it. See if the attached file opens for you.

Attached Files:

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I get the same result on OS X, except the first page shows lots of garbage on the first page, no actual document there.

Maybe the .pdf is not available outside Ukraine (I don't know)

4. Jeremy Corbyn thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much for your replies.

I tried to open the attached PDF with Documents app on iOS and got the following message:

"This file is an Adobe Dynamic XML Form that is not supported by PDF Expert. To open this document on the iPad you need to convert it to Adobe Static PDF Form. Please note that some elements of the document interactivity may be lost as a result."

Very strange. I guess I'll try to contact the embassy and see if they can help out. This is the first time I encountered a document that I'm unable to open on iOS.