Could someone write out the steps for CLI jailbreaking on Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ap3604, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I've looked at video tutorials but they are for windows 7 so the cmd commands are different.

If anyone has done this on Windows XP and could simply write out the steps they took to do it I (and probably many others) would appreciate it :)

2. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

I have some experience using command line, but I have never heard of different commands being used across same OS platforms. In your words, explain how they're different. I'll do my best to "translate".

3. ap3604 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thank you melissa :)

For example #1:

He says at around the 0:55 mark that you need to right click "cmd" and run as administrator... but Windows XP doesn't have that option. The only option I am given when I click "Run as" is "Run as current user" or the option to pick another user. I am not sure how to run CMD as an administrator then :(

For example #2:

Around the 1:05 mark he says to open CMD and he types in "cd /" and then it goes from C:\Windows\system32> to C:\> where the CLI tool is stored and he can start to type in the inject commands.

However when I open CMD and I type it "cd /" (without the " of course) it goes from C:\Windows\system32> to the same thing C:\Windows\system32> instead of how it went to C:\> for him :(

Hope my writing was clear enough but I really appreciate the help if you can give me any :)