Could sure use some help here. Display almost constantly flickering/color changes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bucs127, Aug 26, 2011.

1. bucs127 macrumors newbie

I have an Iphone 4, now 3 months out of warranty.

Just yesterday part of the display screen started to change color. About 15% of the screen turned a light green and was constantly flickering for a few hours. That green constant flickering then turned pink and engulfed 80% of my screen and some of text of the apps started to become double.

Suddenly, this went away. And there was much rejoicing. But, an hour later this came back and started doing the same thing. It's getting worse, to the point where I can't read texts read much on my phone without a huge annoyance. When it gets bad I can't read at all.

I have uploaded two photos. The one of my lockscreen isn't too bad, you just see the green creeping in at the bottom (it flickers). The other one is of a cnn app, you can see the green is engulfing the majority of the screen (the screen should be black). The weird thing is, I had to take the photos with my Macbook. When I took screenshots of the phone using the phone, the pictures turned out normal. Bizarre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My phone is jailbroken (but I haven't installed anything new for months), and I can assure people that I haven't dropped it/gotten it wet.

I can't afford a new phone, and fear a repair will be costly. I tried reseting my settings, updating my phone software, and restoring my phone but the issue persists. Any other tips? I searched for a while and didn't see any answers. The phone works fine, it just seems to be a display issue.

Attached Files:

2. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

If you've already restored it with no change, it's probably hardware. Out of warranty or not, take it to Apple for diagnosis and see what they say. If it is a hardware failure, it's not going to get better on its own, and likely will get worse.

Many people have gotten free replacements even out of warranty, you may get lucky. And if not, at least you'd know what the problem was and could look into what your options are for repair.