Could the baseband get affected while transferring data from one phone to another?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Delaho, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Delaho macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I bought a new phone for my friend and I want to transfer all of her information over to the new phone. The new phone is unlockable with baseband 04.10.01 on ios5. Her iPhone is also on ios5 but it has 04.11.08 bb. My question is if I backup her phone and restore it onto the new phone, would it affect the baseband? How would I go about transferring the data

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

3. Delaho thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Delaho thread starter macrumors newbie

When I plug the new iphone in to itunes, the restore and update button are greyed out. I searched around and I think it has to do with it being hacktivated? Or something I'm not really sure. At the moment I'm thinking of deactivating it and then rejailbreaking so I get the aactivation screen when you first start up a new phone. From then, I'll restore from a backup instead of start as a new phone?