Could there be a new iPhone before next June?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macattack321, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Macattack321 macrumors newbie

Now Im sure people probobly think this is a rediculous thought but I was on the digitallifestyle and they said they think that there will be a new iPhone before next June they dont believe that this update is for the whole year. I just wanted to see what others thought of this idea.

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

They think=opinion. Apple usually updates these phones every summer. I dont think there will be another update until next june, just dosent make sense.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Dude, if you said new iPhone before December, then your gibberish actually makes little sense.

4. actorkid macrumors 6502

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

The only thing they would ever do is a disk space bump... but I wouldn't count on anything higher than 32 anytime soon.

6. Smrtphoneaddict macrumors member

The only thing I think that they would do before June is announce new colors.

7. johnnie macrumors newbie

Think the same here :D

8. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If anything, Apple is consistent. For the past two cycles, pundits have predicted a new version of the iPhone sometime in December. Both times, they were wrong.

Apple has established product cycles that coicide with regular, carefully-planned yearly press events. And and rarely does Apple stray from that.

Like what's been mentioned above, the best you can hope for is maybe new exterior colors or something. But even that is doubtful.

9. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I think it is pretty much a 100% chance that nobody here has the slightest clue and any guessing would be just that (even though some may claim it is a "fact")

I agree with others that the next phone will be a very solid upgrade both in hardware and software so I wouldn't be shocked if it was slightly past the 1 year upgrade mark.

10. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

11. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Yeah updating the phone once a year is already too much in my opinion, I mean look at other companies 3 years ago before Apple entered the market, they didn't upgrade their phones for 2 to 3 years and people were happy that their phone would be the newest and greatest for more than 12 months. I just think 6 months would be getting ridiculous, we already cannot keep up with buying and selling our "old" models all the time even though they work just fine.

12. nicaraguanguy macrumors newbie

13. osin macrumors 6502

Is there really that much need for this?

14. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Retina scanning for added security or a portable version of XBox Natal? ;)

Seriously, I'm guessing iChat video conferencing is the main app for this. However, I've had a front-facing camera on my phone for nearly four years and have used it approximately never.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

16. dogg macrumors regular

dogg

Remember 1st gen iPhone. Released in June 07. Updated to include 16GB model in November 07.

OLED screen anyone? Nov/Dec 09?!!!!

It's Apple. Thats what they do. And yes we will buy it. Again and again.

My two cents;)