Could this be iPhone Mini?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daremo, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

i would say photoshop but hell you may never know.

3. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

if you look at the top left corner of the "iphone screen" it appears as if the display hangs over the bexel, which makes it look like to me someone put a thing over it to imitate a screen

4. Daremo thread starter macrumors 68000

Daremo

For an official release notice, and plenty of art available, why the hell would anyone photoshop this? It doesn't make sense. I'm not saying it wasn't a photoshop job... It just seems pointless to do.

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

and the phone in the pic is a regular sized iphone it just looks smaller cus the screen is showing 3 icons horizontally

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

unless this guy has enormous hands, the iphone is exactly the same size as mine when i hold it in my hand. wouldn't an iphone mini be smaller?

try it yourself...

7. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Agreed, take your own iPhone and hold it in your hand the exact same way the picture portrays and you will see it is the same size with an improper (photo shopped) screen display, even the icons appear cramped/crowded on the screen.

8. kevd00d macrumors member

yea...looks like a normal-sized iphone held by a giant

9. gjosho macrumors newbie

Yes, pretty much looks like standard size to me.

Anyhow, had it been smaller surely we'd be calling it the iPhone nano? Or Apple nanophone? :confused:

10. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

can we ever get a leaked photo that isn't blurry??

11. jeffmc macrumors 6502

no it's not.
    and if apple ever comes out with an "iPhone Mini" i'm going to Cupertino to slap steve.

12. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Then we'd actually wonder whether it was real. Now that wouldn't be any fun would it? :D

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

HA!

YES, it's real! You know how I know? Because that was the first photo of the iPhone that Apple gave to the public last year!

See this January '07 article - scroll to the bottom:
    http://www.mobiletracker.net/archives/2007/01/09/apple-iphone

Now, this ad seems to have photoshopped on a new graphic on the iPhone...giving it less buttons. Ok, that's kind of strange, but the hand and the phone are the same as the original photos.

I suppose Apple thought they were being clever using the big hands...they wanted people to think the phone was small. Once everyone started wondering how you could push the buttons (this was before the public had any iPhones) they started putting out photos with smaller hands, which is all you see these days.

EDIT: Now looking closer, it looks like they DID shrink the phone a little in this ad. Strange, because it's definately the same hand. There's no way that's a different photo...they just altered it slightly, thus making it look smaller. And that's what Apple discovered DIDN'T work last year!

14. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no those are not the same pictures. if you notice the one in the photo in this thread has a hand in a more vertical angle with the phone oriented straight up and down. the picture you provided shows the hand at closer to a horizontal position

edit - also in the pictures of this thread the bottom of the hand sticks out way more than in the ones you provided

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

So it's kind of like they shrunk the phone with Photoshop? Something like that? You know, kind of like I said in the post you quoted?

The fingers are all identical. It's clearly an altered version of those photos, and not a re-shoot.

16. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

no the fingers are not the same at all. in the one in the thread the pinky curls around the front a bit where in the ones u posted, they dont. not the same pics at all

17. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Erm, if anyone looks beyond the advert, you may notice that it is resting on several sheets of paper, one of which clearly shows a cut out of the 'phone in the hand' photo used in the ad, stuck onto some graph paper.

Proving that this is a mock up regardless of hand size etc...

18. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

are you talking about a mock up using the original photos or just a mock up as in they altered the screen. because IT IS NOT the original phone in hand pictures