Could toast 7 co-exist with toast 9?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 63dot, Nov 28, 2009.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I have a first gen Intel iMac, OS X Tiger, and the system reqs say either are OK.

2. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Thanks for the tips.

When I burn with 7, I can read them on a tv set with dvd player or a computer, but with 9, it will only read dvd media on computers. It must be some newer anti-piracy standard or something.

3. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I think they took out the feature and made it a stand alone app called Popcorn

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

Thanks for the info. I wonder if it's a part of the crackdown with IP law on pirating.

The original setup was with an '06 Intel based iMac with stock superdrive (Matsushita internal burner) and paired with third party app toast 7 titanium, and every DVD burned could be read just about everywhere except on really old DVD players.

When the internal superdrive burned out, I got a LaCie superdrive, and it came with toast 7 basic and toast 9 basic.

The drive itself burns much faster than the internal drive that came with the iMac, but it's frustrating that the DVD media I burn only plays on basically newer computers and nothing else.

I assume new DVD players work with it but I don't have any new DVD players or TVs with built-in DVD players any newer than 4 years old. The material burned to DVD is mostly iMovie stuff.