Could use more Glances

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mush10, Jun 18, 2015.

1. mush10 macrumors regular

Overall I have really enjoyed using the watch and been surprised I much I do with it responding to messages and using some apps. One thing I would like to see is the ability to add any app as a Glance. They are just easier to get to. In particular, messages and Mail would be a plus.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I don't even use glances right now because they take too long to load information.

3. Maskusee macrumors 6502a

Maskusee

Messages would have been my most wanted and used glance.
    Was very shocked that I wasn't able to add it.

4. BillyTrimble macrumors 6502a

Your watch may be defective. My glances are there right when I need them. Take your watch to the apple store to be checked out.

5. swandy macrumors regular

I think he might mean that the Glances take time to update, not necessarily just open. I know that certain apps do sometimes take time to update - mainly 3rd party ones like CNN, AP and Yahoo Weather.

6. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

7. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

It's not an OS/device limitation, it's a specific code implementation, so if you've got a favorite app that you'd like to have a glance, shoot the developer a message :)

FYI, if you use Spark for email, not only does it allow you to reply, but it comes with a Glance that I believe is the last email received. Plus, it's a _slick_ iOS email client.

*Glances over at Honey Badger*

8. Honey Badger macrumors 6502a

Honey Badger

:mad:LOL

9. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

10. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502

CharlesShaw

I don't like swiping through Glances, but I do like how the double click on the crown takes me back to my last used app. I'm surprised that a double tap on the screen doesn't do anything different than a single tap on the screen. It would be a handy way to navigate to a favorite app.

11. mush10 thread starter macrumors regular

I will have to check out Spark.

That is good information to reach out to developers. Of course the 2 I want most are Apple Apps. I look at Glances as short cuts to my most used which is why messages would be great.

Thanks

12. bh85 macrumors regular

bh85