Could use more Glances

mush10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Overall I have really enjoyed using the watch and been surprised I much I do with it responding to messages and using some apps. One thing I would like to see is the ability to add any app as a Glance. They are just easier to get to. In particular, messages and Mail would be a plus.

Reactions: T-Will and Pravda

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Overall I have really enjoyed using the watch and been surprised I much I do with it responding to messages and using some apps. One thing I would like to see is the ability to add any app as a Glance. They are just easier to get to. In particular, messages and Mail would be a plus.
I don't even use glances right now because they take too long to load information.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Messages would have been my most wanted and used glance.
Was very shocked that I wasn't able to add it.

Reactions: mush10

swandy

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2012
Your watch may be defective. My glances are there right when I need them. Take your watch to the apple store to be checked out.
I think he might mean that the Glances take time to update, not necessarily just open. I know that certain apps do sometimes take time to update - mainly 3rd party ones like CNN, AP and Yahoo Weather.

D.T.

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
One thing I would like to see is the ability to add any app as a Glance. They are just easier to get to. In particular, messages and Mail would be a plus.
It's not an OS/device limitation, it's a specific code implementation, so if you've got a favorite app that you'd like to have a glance, shoot the developer a message :)

FYI, if you use Spark for email, not only does it allow you to reply, but it comes with a Glance that I believe is the last email received. Plus, it's a _slick_ iOS email client.

I hate Glances.
*Glances over at Honey Badger*

CharlesShaw

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2015
I don't like swiping through Glances, but I do like how the double click on the crown takes me back to my last used app. I'm surprised that a double tap on the screen doesn't do anything different than a single tap on the screen. It would be a handy way to navigate to a favorite app.

mush10

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
It's not an OS/device limitation, it's a specific code implementation, so if you've got a favorite app that you'd like to have a glance, shoot the developer a message :)

FYI, if you use Spark for email, not only does it allow you to reply, but it comes with a Glance that I believe is the last email received. Plus, it's a _slick_ iOS email
I will have to check out Spark.

That is good information to reach out to developers. Of course the 2 I want most are Apple Apps. I look at Glances as short cuts to my most used which is why messages would be great.

Thanks