Could Windows 7 Beta run on my Unibody MBPro?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Steve686, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Steve686 macrumors 68020

Steve686

I am interested in getting a version of Windows to run on my Mac for a few programs I'd like to use through boot camp or Vware.

Just curious if anyone else has researched the Windows 7 Beta that is being released tomorrow(Friday the 9th) at all and whether or not I will be able to save it and Boot Camp it.

It's probably gonna look for a current Windows version which I don't have, and will most likely be only an upgrade file. Never know though. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit right now on my Penryn MacBook Pro.

Just so you know. It's a straight install in Boot Camp. No upgrading or previous systems needed.

3. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

I burned it to a DVD and in the bootcamp installer it says to insert the Windows installation CD... How did youget it to install?

Thanks

4. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You burned an ISO file to a disk. That's all you did. You need to burn with Disk Utility to make it mountable.

5. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Its been a while since I did that... Could u give me the steps..? I would appreciate it.