Could you do me a favor?

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
Hello. This is really random, but I am a Junior in High School and must do an expiriment for my AP English 11 class. I have chosen to do a poll on total time spent on the computer and how much one sleeps to see if there is any correlation between the two. Here are the official questions:

1. How much total time, non-job related, therefore, for entertainment, do you spend on the computer, on average, a day doing whatever (internet. IMing, music, video, photos, gaming)?
2. How many hours do you sleep a day - total?
3. How old are you?

When answering, if possilbe, can you please just list the number and the answer like this:
1. 4 hours
2. 5 hours
3. 16

Thank you very much. I could not think of a better place to come than MacRumors because everyone is always willing to help (I know there will be some bias considering this is an internet poll, and since we are all Mac lovers, we tend to use our computers much more often!!).

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
Blue Velvet said:
Non-job related, right?
Yes, non-job related, and you guys are fast!! I think this is a good topic to discuss for MacRumors in addition to being interesting and helpful to me. Thanks again.

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
This is great. Hopefully, I will be able to get at least 50 results, so there will be some accuracy involved though thousands would really be needed.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
auxplage said:
1. How much total time, non-job related, therefore, for entertainment, do you spend on the computer, on average, a day doing whatever (internet. IMing, music, video, photos, gaming)?
2. How many hours do you sleep a day - total?
3. How old are you?
1.5hrs
7hrs

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
auxplage said:
This is great. Hopefully, I will be able to get at least 50 results, so there will be some accuracy involved though thousands would really be needed.
Regardless of how large your sample turns out the biggest factor that will throw off the accuracy of your data is the nature of your sample - an internet forum about computers. We are not representative of the general population for these types of questions.

Laslo Panaflex

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2003
Tokyo
Well, since WoW came out . . .

1.5-8
2.3-5

For me there is a direct correlation, more WoW = less sleep and visa versa. I try to only play WoW in spare time, ie not let it get in the way of work or school, so that means late nights, and less sleep.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
1. 3 hours
2. 9 hours to 12 hours
3. 16

*having looked at the other results, I realised, I sleep sooo much! the best is sleepind 24 hours str8 but dont get much chance to do that*

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
john_satc said:
1. 3 hours
2. 9 hours to 12 hours
3. 16

*having looked at the other results, I realised, I sleep sooo much! the best is sleepind 24 hours str8 but dont get much chance to do that*
Ok, I wish I could get that much sleep (only on Friday nights).

auxplage

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Virginia Beach
feakbeak said:
Regardless of how large your sample turns out the biggest factor that will throw off the accuracy of your data is the nature of your sample - an internet forum about computers. We are not representative of the general population for these types of questions.
Yeah, I know, but hopefully some of you are just casual people who happen to come across this thread randomly some how while just surfing the internet casually like you tend to do a couple times a week for a couple of hours. :rolleyes: . . . :)