Could You Give Me Some Tea Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by andreab35, Oct 17, 2008.

1. andreab35 macrumors 6502a

andreab35

Hi everyone! :)

I would really like to start drinking tea more often. I am usually stressed out about a lot of things, and I believe tea will help me relax and possibly give me some psychological satisfaction.

Currently, I drink fennel tea here and there for some digestive issues, and without anything in it, in my opinion it tastes quite gross. When I drink a cup of this tea, I put two tablespoons of honey and two teaspoons of sugar in it.

I'm kind of sick of drinking fennel tea. I would really like to try another type of tea.

The thing is, I'm not a person who likes bitter or bland beverages. I would prefer to have a nice tea that is naturally sweet tasting, and a tea that does not require me to put a lot of sugar into it. Is there such a tea?

Any suggestions would be great! Thank you, and I appreciate your input! :D

2. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I recommend Tazo Awake to anyone who'll listen. It's black tea, but you can steep the bag for ages (I know this by mistake) and it doesn't very tannic at all.

Otherwise, go to the health food store and try out some loose-leaf teas. Or white tea... it's got a very delicate flavour you almost have to meditate to find.

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Tazo is very nice (a Macrumors member turned me to them by kindly sending me a taster packet) but I find it a bit 'additivey' in that it's probably got a lot of stuff in it apart from tea. However a lot of their stuff is 'naturally' (in the sense of 'not adding anything to whatever's been obviously added to the bag) sweet. Worth a try.

Also, light and fragrant teas like Earl Grey / Lady Grey might not be a bad choice.

You might also like to try some Japanese savoury teas which do pack some bitterness typical of Japanese green tea (which is supposed to be better for you - certainly for keeping relaxed - than 'regular' tea), but set it off with the taste of roasted rice. Keep it light and you should get more ricey-ness and less bitterness. http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Green-Brown-Loose-Genmai/dp/B000W4XQHI