Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
I went 15 years without a mac...:)
I could (i'm very fond of my oldish PC laptop) but I'd miss the hummmm sound :D

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
No problem at all. Had a day like that a couple of months ago...

...so I used my friend's iMac instead. :D

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Sure, I do it fairly often, for example, when I go on hikes. I don't really miss it. It would be harder to do at home -- but since we have 5 macs for 4 people, it would be extremely unlikely to ever happen.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
All the time. I used to take one with me on holiday. Don't bother now. Too much hassle at the security gates.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
No problem at all. Had a day like that a couple of months ago...
...so I used my friend's iMac instead. :D

I do the same when I'm at my parents'.

While I can go without easily enough, I normally choose not too - it gives me something to do while I wait for Lori to finish up her work and I'm normally looking for the rejection emails for positions that I have applied to.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Sure I *could* go without it. Given the choice (and no consequences) I wouldn't part with it. I couldn't go without the internet for very long though. It's like having a limb hacked off.

Once in... oh 2001?... my Apple Studio Display broke and rather than hook up a junky old CRT I had to my Mac, I left it connected to a junky HP Pavilion that I had at the time, since I was using Direct Connect a lot (no Mac version at the time) and watching a lot of Divx files (Divx still sucked on the Mac).

I once left the country for two weeks and only had minimal (pay-per-minute) access to the internet on a PC with a 17" LCD set at a 640x480. :eek:

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
...when I vacation I make it a point to not bring laptops.

I agree with this. The hubby has brought his lappy on a few of our trips, but mainly to use to watch movies on the plane. If there's internet/computers wherever we're going I may get on a couple of times while were there to check email and such, but that's about it. Sometimes it's nice to get a break from technology.

saunders45

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
On weekends, I enjoy not using the computer. It's nice to get outside, play some basketball or football, go to the beach and take out the waverunners, whatever gets me active.

During the work week, all day, every day.......

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Easily, but I don't want to.

I don't need a computer for work, but all my media goes through my 12'' PB. My music, news, movies/shows, communication (SkypeOut).

I really hope my PB doesn't get KIA.

My superdrive is broken and I really don't want to give it away for repairs.

jcarm24

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2005
C-Ville, VA
I sit in front of a Windows machine all day at work. I guess you could make the argument that I'd feel Mac-deprived and would need to fill up on some Mac time when I get home. But honestly, I don't even feel like getting back onto a computer when I get home. So yes, I go many days without even touching my Mac.

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
It's not often that I go a day without fulfilling my OS X addiction - but it does happen every now and then. Going a day without my BlackBerry Pearl though... I might go through withdrawals. Maybe the iPhone will give me the fix I need for both :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.