could you please be so kind point me in the right directions

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by elyah, Apr 23, 2011.

1. elyah macrumors member

Okay here's a question currently 3GS baseband 5.1 5.04 version 4.21 currently jailbroken with green poison tiny umbrella *all saved 4.2.1(8c148a) 4.3b2(8f5153d) 4.3b3(8f5166b) I skipped version 4.3.1 I also know baseband 5.15.04 is not on lockable currently wood in the future like to unlock my phone I am using Windows 7 could you please be so kind point me in the right directions what I need to do to upgrade and if I don't like 4.3.2 can I down grade back to 4.21 also how do you downgrade I'm a noob at this *I'm just a little confused with so much info also is4.3.2 stable with read some reports conflicting with Skype iBooks

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

If you have hashes for 4.2.1, yes.
    However, Google hosting is having issues this weekend (where Cydia is hosted) so you may not be able to downgrade until the server is back up.
    Download 4.2.1 IPSW, put iPhone in special DFU mode (Redsn0w or PwnageTool) then option plus restore (Mac) or shift plus restore (PC) point iTunes as the 4.2.1 IPSW. If you get 1013 error at the end, download Fix Recovery from TinyUmbrella site. Use the fix recovery file, then use TinyUmbrella to kick out of recovery.

3. elyah thread starter macrumors member

thank you very much for your reply
    Saved in tiny umbrella cydia store says they are saved thanks for let me know that cydia is having problems . I will be using Windows 7 so do I plug my phone in iTunes update version 4.3.2 or do I plug my phone up in tiny umbrella first how do i downloud 4.2.1 Ipsw sorry this is where get a little confused I been doing some reading , I'm just a little over overwhelmed with the info

4. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Actually it's Amazon EC2 that is/was having the problems that affected Cydia. /nitpick