Could you please help me identify my FAN / HEATSINK

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by symbolix, Aug 11, 2011.

1. symbolix macrumors newbie

Hi,
    My MacBook's fan failed and I am trying to get one from e-bay. It is an old A1181 model. However there are couple of different models for A1181, so I need to be %100 sure before ordering it. Could you check the images I have attached and help me to understand if both images belong to the same model. (I am %80 sure that they are.)

There will be slight differences between two, however the most important part is the e-bay description:

"DESCRIPTION:

THE FAN HAS A 4 PIN BLOCK HEAD CONNECTOR TYPE & THE HEAT SINK HAS 2 CONNECTORS WHICH ARE THE 2 PIN FLAT HEAD TYPE (NOT BLOCK HEAD)"

(The fan with the "SUNON" brand on is my original one dead fan / heatsink)

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

It is impossible to see what kind of connectors you have on your heatsink since the photo is too dark in that area. However judging by the date on the fan you "should" have the flat-style connectors.

If you only need a fan why not just buy a fan on its own. Even if the heatsink connectors are wrong then you can just peel the fan off from the heatsink anyway.

As long as you buy a fan with the 4pin block connector as per your photo on the left you will be fine.....