Could you please test this? :)

northen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Aalborg, Denmark
I have written a piece of software, iNfo, that assembles & gathers system info, in Cocoa. It isn't so extensive currently, but I am looking to expand it (as well as offer some of the functionality as dynamic libraries, currently libSysCtl, libFreeSpace, libSystem and libVelocity ;))

EDIT: I have released a new version with new functionality:

http://departure.dk/files/iNfo.zip
Hope you like it :)

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Works great on my imac and getting all the right info and everything seems to be working.
didn't realise my boot time was so long ago :p

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2004
Works fine for me on a 15" 1.5GHZ PowerBook... actually, it says my processor is 1499MHz - where's my 1MHz Apple??!! :p

northen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Aalborg, Denmark
edesignuk said:
The new version you just submitted to MR crashes as soon as I click "Generate Report".

iMac G5, 10.3.7.
Okay, does it crash with any message? Can you try opening the binary package (right-click, show package contents), executing the actual binary in Contents/MacOS/ (named iNfo), to see where the application fails? It will produce some messages in a Terminal.app instance, which would be very helpful for me in determining, what the problem is :)

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Crashes when I click Generate Report. G4 MDD FW800, 10.3.7.

The following is a general rant that applies to many people:
Also, as a reminder "Could you please test this?" As a thread title doesn't give much clues about what you want tested. At the very leasy include the name of the software you want tested. This way if I need to go back to the thread, I don't have to remember what odd title it had, I can just scan the thread list and look for the Application name.

northen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Aalborg, Denmark
edesignuk said:
Still the same problem, also tried this version on my laptop, and get exactly the same thing.

AlPB, 10.3.7.
Do you have X11/Developer tools installed on those machines? I suspect that if they aren't installed, the program could crash (it attempts to detect the install of them)

northen

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Aalborg, Denmark
edesignuk said:
By gum he's done it! :D

It's working now :)
Aaah :D :D

A buffer overflow in the file opening procedure of files that don't exist :D Now, brace for a final test version, I just want to check which methods, I previously left out, that are sane to use :)