Could you suggest me cheap 4TB Storage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by obama3344, Jun 4, 2011.

1. obama3344 macrumors member

Could you suggest me cheap external 4TB Storage?. I want it as slim as possible but cheap.

If possible has firewire, or may be it is better to wait until the new storage has thunderbolt?

2. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

i'm not sure how likely it is for someone to find this and suggest a 4tb external as it's kind of uncommon i would say. they look pretty expensive (on newegg, at least) in terms of backup, but I guess that's what you pay if you need 4tb of storage. is it really necessary, though? that seems like an awful lot. i also doubt that you will find something slim, they are all looking like bricks to me.

i'm sorry i can't offer any real help - just offering my 2 cents and asking whether or not it is really necessary for that much storage? (esp considering this being posted in the mbp forum)

3. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

4. obama3344 thread starter macrumors member

I already have 3 external enclosure with one bay
    1. Buffalo LinkStation LS1000GL. (Suddenly the partition broken and cannot be repaired. Now I am in the process of recovering it)
    2. Hornetteck enclosure : 1 drive bay: too loud with the fan. regret buying it
    3. Nexstar 3 enclosure: 1 drive bay. (The usb slot too fragile. regret buying it)
    Probably, I just combine it into one. 4tb. I plan to use it to backup stuff.

Yeah, I think you are probably right, this thread should go to Mac Peripherals. However, I am using this with 1 MBP and 2 Mac Mini.

My MBP has 2 HDD: 500GB each.

that's good. Cheap probably below $120.

5. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

Wait two years and you will likely be able to get what you are looking for at that price.

6. acedickson macrumors 6502a

acedickson

You want an enclosure plus drives for $120?

7. obama3344 thread starter macrumors member

:).

only enclosure.

http://www.addonics.com/products/nas/NAS25HDU2.asp

I did find one bay small nas, looks pretty cute.
    [​IMG]

and it is only $69. (not including hard drive but I think I have buy enough enclosure that I don't trust any of them anymore. :)
    [​IMG]

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

4TB for ~$120? It is possible... just not today. I'm sure your request will be fulfilled by around 2015 or so. Sorry for the not so helpful response but your request (as far as I know) is not currently available.