Couldn't buy Ovulation Calendar on Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by seleneS, Jan 22, 2011.

1. seleneS, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2011

seleneS macrumors member

When I hit the Buy button, it keeps saying that "We could not complete your purchase. Ovulation Calendar can't be installed on this computer".
    I've emailed the developer and they said they hadn't received any report about this problem.

I could buy other apps though. I'm running 10.6.6. Anyone had this problem before? Any idea to fix this? Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. seleneS thread starter macrumors member

It seems that the app is only for 64 bit processor, mine is Core duo :(

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

That was a dumb move on the developer's part. It's not like an ovulation calendar needs to be exclusively 64-bit.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why buy an app for that, when you could simply set up an iCal recurring event to track that?

5. seleneS thread starter macrumors member

Well, even if the cycle is regular, the charted basal body temps and other signs need to be considered in order to predict the ovulation day. Though I must agree that the software should be very simple, don't need any fancy thing like 64 bit.

6. seleneS thread starter macrumors member

Update: I got the confirmation from the developer that the app is running on both 32 and 64 bit.

Anyone got a similar problem with other apps?

7. ukpetey macrumors regular

ukpetey

Whilst I know nothing at all about why you are experiencing difficulties with your download, I hope you won't mind me adding a little comment.

I'm no Hercule Poirot! but by the way things look to this chap, you are planning a family... I hope you get the app sorted, and that everything else falls in to place too. Good luck and Best Wishes to you.

Peter