couldn't find anything on cracked white iphones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by savanahrose, Mar 12, 2009.

1. savanahrose macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Not current that is. Now that they have been out for awhile and AT&T said that they are no longer making the white ones. Are the cases still cracking alot? I want to get one, only because 1st gen is broken :( , do they crack like they used to?

2. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Wait, I have not heard that they are not maki g the white ones anymore. Where did you get that info from?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

AT&T doesn't make anything. They know nothing about what Apple will and won't cancel.

4. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Yes I know that they don't. Let me rephrase that AT&T said that Apple isn't going to be making them anymore. I went and searched on the computer and I had seen older articles on this stating that the white ones were a limited edition iphone.

http://www.tuaw.com/2008/06/09/white-16-gig-iphone/

Sure the iPhone 3G specs are pretty sweet, but what about the fact that you can get one in white? Apple has posted a gallery showing off the new iPhone in all its glory, both in black and the limited edition white (16 gig model only).

i found this but am calling apple now

5. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I just got my white iPhone a month ago and it's still on sale on the website. *shrug*

Also, keep in mind that most of the ATT reps you get are idiots and don't know anything. They make stuff up or have no idea what they are talking about. I always have to ask for their supervisor.

Once, I was having a prob w/ my BB after I swapped IMEI/SIM cards. It wasn't getting email and I couldn't log into the BIS site to resend service books. The rep told me it was because there was a 3G outage in my area. WTF? These two things had nothing to do with each other. Plus the BB was a Curve so no 3G and the iPhone 3G was working fine.

6. svndmvn Guest

Black iPhones crack too, i've had a couple of those.
    If the picture of the iphone 3g shaped metal back casing is real, I guess Apple would not be making none of the ones it's selling now. The white is not a special edition.

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

What is OP talking about? Where does it say that Apple is going to discontinue the white iPhone?

8. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

Well thank you for the information. I would wait and see if they do have one come out with steel backing but I don't have an iphone right now and I am getting very antsy. ;)

I would really prefer the metal back but I really don't want to wait and see. Does anyone know when this might occur? If it is a week then I can wait but not any longer. My husband has the black one and I haven't noticed any cracks (I keep looking but don't see any). Lucky him.
    a nice red color would have been nice to have.

9. svndmvn Guest

check out colorwarepc to make it yours coloring however you want.. either way, it's pretty much impossible for Apple to be releasing a new iPhone next week, hey should just change the SDK for 3.0 and release a simple Beta.
    June/July is the best guess for a new iPhone, maybe with a metal back but who knows..

10. savanahrose thread starter macrumors 6502a

savanahrose

I went and bought the white iphone this weekend. Boy do I feel so much better. I seem to be having a problem with my home button. I took it to AT&T since I had just bought it an hour before that. They did a hard restart and it worked but I still am having some problems with it. I repeatedly have to press it for it to work. The guy at the phone store said that if I still have any problems to take it to the Apple store because I had gotten the last white one. Apparently they haven't been gettin in lately.

I looked at the color wrap website. I was drooling over all of the colors but then I red that I would have be without my phone for awhile and I said nope, not for me. Trust me on this. I was without my phone for only 3 days and i was going through withdrawals. hahaha

11. diemos macrumors 6502

LOL, i know exactly what you mean.