Couldn't help but notice...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dark-saito, Oct 15, 2009.

1. dark-saito macrumors regular

That there are no threads confirming that there was no thread saying that the iPod touch with camera was NOT -GASP- released after all on October 14th.

Seriously, please base rumors on AT LEAST some reliable evidence, not cases that manufacturers had already made in EXPECTATION of the camera on the iPod touches.

Oh, and IN YOUR FACE.

2. tenand2indy macrumors member

No big deal - the camera version (or Gen 3.5) will certainly still be released in time for Christmas! I read it on www.ipodtouchfantasyland.com so it must be true!!! :p

3. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

OH SNAP, I'm so sorry, I guess that website was all the proof I needed. I'M NOW A BELEIVER!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHOWING ME THE LIGHT :D

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Yeah, I knew from the beginning that it wasn't going to happen October 14th, let alone October. It won't happen..(if it does) until September. Why would Apple even consider releasing two new iPod Touches in 6 weeks? Probably stupidest thing they could possibly do, you'd never hear the end of it from users who just purchased the new 32/64GB touches.

+1 to everything OP said in original post. Can't agree anymore.

5. tenand2indy macrumors member

Don't get me wrong, I do think a decent camera addition to the Touch would be an amazing thing. And I still hold out hope for it happening at some point. But for Apple to release one withing 1-3 months or even 6 months of releasing the latest models would be foolish. Floods of buyers would return to the place of purchase to upgrade, claiming a defective unit or other reason. Let's face it, in the retail world, if you bitch enough regardless of return policies, you can get what you want. And then Apple and their retailers would be left holding the bag on an influx of recent model Touches with nothing wrong with them. Prime harvest for refurbs but then who wants a refurb when the new model has a CAMERA. Refurbs are great when you can save $50 on equipment that is very similar to the current models. But throw in new hardware and technology and the refurb shines less brightly in the eyes of the consumer.

6. dark-saito thread starter macrumors regular

exactly. And honestly, the argument that it could possibly come out in february because that's when the 32 gig first generation came out... I call bs. Like you said, a camera would be a hardware refresh. The 32 gig 'refresh' was nothing but a memory upgrade. I pity those who hold out based on ill-founded theories cause they won't get a camera till september 2010 :p

7. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

lawl. i love the wait game :(
    good thing i got mine ahha. if it comes out in December... i'll just sell my current one and add some $ for the new one :DD

8. rls11286 macrumors newbie

can i ask u a question? do you feel like youre accomplishing something by being incredibly rude? this board is not meant for posters like you to belittle people, unless you work for apple and have some kind of insider information to refute what people believe then you really need to just not say anything, because honestly - you look like a complete jackass :D