Couldn't help getting the pad. Now will wait to iP5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wackymacky, Jul 26, 2010.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

Sep 20, 2007
    38°39′20″N 27°13′10″W
    I wasn't going to get and iPad this year, I really wasn't

Our DVD player blew a gasket in the weekend, so I went to the JBL hifi (cheap and nasty, and I wouldn’t normally buy anything apple there, and just wanted to get a cheap DVD $50 player because it is mainly for the kids use.

So I get the DVD player off the shelf and am heading towards the counter and see the displays for the iPods. A quick play I tell my self, it can't hurt.

5 min later and I've bought the shops last 32 gig wifi/3g.

I love it. It is what I wanted my iPhone 3g to be. Quik and responsive. Good for browsing the web, and as a whole a better machine.

I think I'll postpone my iphone4 now. Because I don't need the movie camera or FaceTime. And really the only smart phone features I really need ( if got the pad) is the email, calendar, maps and a few of the apps the I already use, albeit a little slowly, every day.

Ohh. One thing. Why does the battery on the pad only charge to 98%? Surely just a software glitch.
  2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

May 13, 2010
  3. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Dec 3, 2009
    Congratulations on your new iPad. Glad you're enjoying it thus far. :)
  4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Jul 17, 2008
    Sounds like the battery meter needs calibration. Try draining the battery until the iPad shuts off, then recharge it.
  5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Oct 31, 2008
    I was very excited for the iPhone 4 Cool displays and stuff, but the Antenna Drama is a huge turnoff and the 3GS works well with iOS4, I even thought of getting a normal phone and having an iPad for the iOSing, no idea
  6. 3lionsbecks Suspended

Jul 19, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Haha....such a weird response. :eek:

Any electronics product will break If not taken care of properly. Probably didn't need to remind the OP of that.
  7. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Jun 21, 2007
    Colchester, UK.
    Sounds kinda creepy - almost threatening!

Look after that thing...
  8. xraytech macrumors 68030

Mar 24, 2010
    A bit off topic.

With AT&T possibly switching from 3G to 4G and Sprint & Verizon possibly getting the iPhone. Next year's iPhone will probably be called the iPhone 4G not iPhone 5.
  9. iSlanderous macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    DERAIL, I'm hopping on! Verizon is getting 4G data cards ready but AT&T seems to be lagging behind verizon so it may be a year befor we see 4G action on ATT while Verizon might have data cards ready by xmas!
  10. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Get the Apple case or something that will prop it up. A good case with stand makes iPad even better.

Sounds like someone works for the mob ;)
  11. iCrosoft macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2010
    This is why the iPad didn't come with a camera or iOS4.