Couldn't help getting the pad. Now will wait to iP5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wackymacky, Jul 26, 2010.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I wasn't going to get and iPad this year, I really wasn't

Our DVD player blew a gasket in the weekend, so I went to the JBL hifi (cheap and nasty, and I wouldn’t normally buy anything apple there, and just wanted to get a cheap DVD $50 player because it is mainly for the kids use.

So I get the DVD player off the shelf and am heading towards the counter and see the displays for the iPods. A quick play I tell my self, it can't hurt.

5 min later and I've bought the shops last 32 gig wifi/3g.

I love it. It is what I wanted my iPhone 3g to be. Quik and responsive. Good for browsing the web, and as a whole a better machine.

I think I'll postpone my iphone4 now. Because I don't need the movie camera or FaceTime. And really the only smart phone features I really need ( if got the pad) is the email, calendar, maps and a few of the apps the I already use, albeit a little slowly, every day.

Ohh. One thing. Why does the battery on the pad only charge to 98%? Surely just a software glitch.

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

3. NeuralControl macrumors 6502a

Congratulations on your new iPad. Glad you're enjoying it thus far. :)

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Sounds like the battery meter needs calibration. Try draining the battery until the iPad shuts off, then recharge it.

5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

I was very excited for the iPhone 4 Cool displays and stuff, but the Antenna Drama is a huge turnoff and the 3GS works well with iOS4, I even thought of getting a normal phone and having an iPad for the iOSing, no idea

6. 3lionsbecks Suspended

3lionsbecks

Haha....such a weird response. :eek:

Any electronics product will break If not taken care of properly. Probably didn't need to remind the OP of that.

7. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Sounds kinda creepy - almost threatening!

Look after that thing...

8. xraytech macrumors 68030

A bit off topic.

With AT&T possibly switching from 3G to 4G and Sprint & Verizon possibly getting the iPhone. Next year's iPhone will probably be called the iPhone 4G not iPhone 5.

9. iSlanderous macrumors regular

DERAIL, I'm hopping on! Verizon is getting 4G data cards ready but AT&T seems to be lagging behind verizon so it may be a year befor we see 4G action on ATT while Verizon might have data cards ready by xmas!

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Get the Apple case or something that will prop it up. A good case with stand makes iPad even better.

Sounds like someone works for the mob ;)

11. iCrosoft macrumors regular

iCrosoft

This is why the iPad didn't come with a camera or iOS4.