Couldn't QuickPwn, now can't Restore! Assistance needed

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by M-5, Dec 29, 2008.

1. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Alright, here's what I'm running:
    - iPhone 2G 8GB Version 2.2
    - 2.2 Ghz BlackBook on 10.5.6 (Late 2007)

Now I have used the Pwnage tool before to Jailbreak my iPhone, but restored it back a couple of months ago because it was running too slow. I just got a white iPhone 3G, so I decided to Jailbreak the old on again.

I downloaded QuickPwn from their website and it detected my iPhone 2G and I followed the instructions perfectly regarding pressing the Home Button and Lock button, etc.

Then iTunes would launch and I would get an Error message on iTunes, and QuickPwn would just stall at 'preparing your phone for quickpwn'. I attempted it several times with iPhone 2G and 3G and got the same result for both.

Then I tried it again on the 2G and something appears to have gone wrong.
    The iPhone screen shows a USB Cord and is telling me to Connect to iTunes. When I DO connect to iTunes, it gives me a message that it must be restored. When I TRY to restore, I get this :
    http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/5731/picture2wz5.png

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? I've tried restarting the iPhone but it just says to connect to iTunes.

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Try putting the phone in dfu mode manually, use the second hand on a click to help you time it, then plug into itunes to restore. Remember in dfu mode nothing will appear on the screen.

3. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

4. M-5 thread starter macrumors 65816

M-5

Alright, I put it in DFU Mode:
    - Held Sleep/Wake button and Home button for 7 seconds.
    - Wait 2 Seconds
    - Release Sleep/Wake Button and keep Home button pressed for another 10 seconds.

Then iTunes launched and a new loading window appeared. But now I have gotten this message:
    [​IMG]

My iPhone appears to be off, but I'm not sure if it's still in DFU mode. What should I do?

Edit:
    So I did what it said. I unplugged the USB chord from the phone. It looked like it was off, but it was in DFU mode like you said, so I turned it off by holding Sleep/Wake and the Home button. Then I plugged the USB back in and turned it on. I tried "Restore" again and it appears to be restoring.
    Hopefully this helps someone in the future.