Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

surfbug

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2017
pc how do I change the words process from words.xlr to txt to save before installing it on the Imac, I clicked save as but it couldn't save it. I tyed the name with putting .txt. It doesn't work. Can anybody help me please?

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I’m having a hard time understanding your question from what you wrote. Are you asking how to export a Word document to the .txt format? If so, I doubt that Word will do that. But why would you want to? Just open the document in Word in the Mac.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I think the OP has a PC with Microsoft Works, and wants to be able to convert an .xlr file (a chart or speadsheet format, I think), so it can be used on a Mac.

@surfbug - you may be able to change the .xlr file to .xls format. Your Microsoft Works should be able to do this, or maybe use Excel - if you have access to Microsoft Office. That would then give you other options on how to use those old files, using either the built-in apps, such as Numbers or Pages, or other apps such as LibreOffice.

surfbug

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 20, 2017
Thanks DeltaMac
I think the OP has a PC with Microsoft Works, and wants to be able to convert an .xlr file (a chart or speadsheet format,

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
OP:

Try this:
Download LibreOffice onto your Mac:
It's free.
Put LibreOffice into your applications folder.

Next, move the file in question from the PC to the Mac.
Just leave it on the desktop so you can find it easily.

Now, open LibreOffice.
Click "open file".
Now, select the ".xlr" file, and see if Libre can open it.
Does this work...?

If it DOES work, you can now re-save the file either in Libre "native format", or use the "Save as" option and export it to another file format.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.