Couldn't save shsh

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gngan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I downloaded tiny umbrella and was trying to save my shsh but it says, "Timeout - Is your firewall blocking me?" and " Your SHSH for iPhone3GS 4.0.2 (8A400) was NOT saved."

What am i doing wrong? Also, will there be a file in my mac that is the shsh file? I just want to confirm it once it says it's saved.

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Apple stopped signing 4.0.1 today around 4 PM EST.
    TinyUmbrella has not yet been updated to save 4.0.2

So, you will have to wait until new version of TU comes out to save any hashes.

THis is all explained on the TinyUmbrella page, perhaps you should read it.

3. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

I know that Apple has stop signing 4.0.1. But my iphone 3gs is still on JB 4.0.1 and i am thinking that TinyUmbrella can save it. I am not trying to save 4.0.1 rather than 4.0.2 because i want to be able to downgrade.

4. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Did you read the TinyUmbrella page as suggested? Clearly no. It is too late to save an iOS 4.0.1 SHSH. You are SOL......you can Jailbreak since you are still on iOS 4.0.1. But, if you need to restore, you will not be able to restore to iOS 4.0.1.

S-

5. gngan thread starter macrumors 68000

gngan

Problem solved: Thanks for the input. TinyUmbrella got my shsh saved through requesting it from Cydia.

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

The firmware version on you phone has nothing to do with the version Apple is signing.

Since the 4.0.1 signing window is closed, you can no longer get the 4.0.1 hashes from Apple. Now if they were previously saved via Cydia and Saurik's server, you can pull them from there to your home computer.

I doubt you got your 4.0.1 hashes, rather 4.0.2 hashes

Notcom has posted a new version of TU (4.02.04) so I guess you can now request your 4.0.2 hashes. Obviously, if Cydia has been saving your hashes previously, you will get the 4.0.2 hashes saved automatically.